You go to work every day to earn a living and support your family. When an employer mistreats or wrongfully terminates you as an employee, it can threaten your livelihood and significantly impact you and your loved ones. In these situations, you deserve a West Virginia employment lawyer who gets results.
“At-will” employment does not mean that employees do not have legal rights. West Virginia and federal law prohibit certain types of employer conduct and terminations. If you have been wronged by your employer, call a lawyer you can trust.
If you have been terminated from your job, before you file an unemployment claim, call a West Virginia employment lawyer to discuss your situation. What you say in your unemployment claim could impact the success of your case.
Robby Long is an experienced West Virginia employment lawyer who can help.
Potential employment claims may include:
- Wrongful termination
- Employer retaliation
- Whistleblower for safety complaints
- Sexual harassment
- Employment discrimination – age, disability, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and other legally protected classes
- Human rights violations
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations
- Wage disputes
- Constructive discharge
Potential damages may include:
- Lost wages – Front pay/back pay
- Lost benefits – health insurance, retirement, disability insurance, life insurance
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages